Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Freshmen Rankings

All year in my mind the big debate for the freshmen, has been who is the top freshmen player in the state. For me it has come down to Brendan Ortiz and Nick Fuller. One of my first games of the year I saw Madison Memorial take on Sun Prairie and without a doubt in my mind Ortiz was the better player. Early in the season though Ortiz suffered a leg injury which kept him out of a lot of games and then when he did return he never was the same. Fuller on the other hand continued to get better and better as the year progressed and really impressed me every time I saw him after that first game. So I had to think about whether I wanted to base Ortiz solely on that one game he was at full strength or how he looked the rest of the season. When I thought about it, if I would of seen Ortiz only later in the season I would of based him on those games. Therefore I went with Fuller as #1 with Ortiz right behind.

1. Nick Fuller 6'4 Sun Prairie- Long lanky kid that moves very well and can really knock down the three point shot. Rebounds very well and isn't a afraid to battle with the thicker players.
2. Brendan Ortiz 5'11 Madison Memorial- Great ball handler and point guard. Really a smooth shooter that can knock down the three on a regular bases.
3. Austin Malone-Mitchell 5'8 Shorewood- Plays with lots of confidence and has a nice mid range game and can really put the ball in the hoop.
4. Shane Wimann 6'2 Wisconsin Dells- Looks like an upper classmen and plays like one too. Great rebounder and shoots the three well.
5. Eric Kittell 5'9 Brillion- Great great three point shooter, that handles the ball very well.
6. Joel Heesch 6'1 Mauston- Very smooth on the court, handles the ball, and shoots the three fairly well.
7. Sam Murphy 6'3 Royal- Very heady player that does a little bit of everything. Battles on the inside to rebound and can shoot the spot up three pointer.
8. MJ Delmore 5'8 Wisconsin Dells- Very good point guard that does a nice job running the show, really looks to set teammates up, and shoots the three real well.
9. Ian Taylor 6'1 Portage- Moves very well without the ball and jut plays with a lot of confidence on the court and plays like an upper classmen.
10. Ray Vonn Posey 6'7 Milwaukee Washington- Huge body that has soft hands and a nice touch around the rim.
11. Noah Polcyn 5'10 Green Lake- Sharpshooter from the outside that can go off at anytime from downtown.
12. Alex Najeib 5'9 Shorewood- Really athletic kid that can do what he wants on the court. Does take some bad shots at times.
13. Brad Kenote 6'0 Rhinelander- Right now a hustler that doesn't look to shoot much but, has a nice shot and some pretty good ball handling.
14. Alex Barenklau 6'0 Monroe- Honestly don't remember much about this kid but, he was the only other freshmen that I saw that actually played.
15. Michael Dickman 5'8 Wisconsin Dells- Only other freshmen I've seen play actual minutes outside of garbage time, handles the ball very well and can hit the three.

There are my freshmen rankings and those are the only freshmen that I actually saw play this year. Well this is probably my final basketball post of the year and may have some softball posts throughout the summer.

No comments: