Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week 3 Team Rankings

Have seen a couple more games so I will be updating my team and player rankings. All the teams that I have watched in the past week I have seen before so I will just be updating my reasons for ranking each team where and a slight adjustment of teams. I will be putting in ( ) how many times I have seen each team play because the more I see a team play the better my judgement of the team is and the more accurate my ranking is.

Rankings
1. Janesville Craig (2)- Their height and defense give Craig an advantage over every team that they play. The have four legit stars in Lucas Burns, Cooper Cullen, Jojo Pregont, and Kyle Goike. This team prefers to play a slow tempo and take their time on offense but, can just as easily play an uptempo game.
2. Madison Lafollette (2)- Really showed me something the way they handled Madison East even with their star Cashton Craig being a non-factor. Lafollette gets the edge over Bay View because they did beat them and have the experience edge. DJ Fuller appears ready to become the #2 scoring option for Lafollette and Darnell Small and Deonte Thompson have provided a low post presence that I believed they lacked.
3. Milwaukee Bay View (1)- Very athletic team, that is also very young. Johnnie Lacy is one of the top players in the country and this team will only get better as the year goes on. They will be able to provide pressure, forcing teams to turn the ball over and allowing for easy baskets.
4. Lacrosse Aquinas (1)- Team that works very very well together. Can really push the tempo but, are just as affective in the half court set. The have a couple glue guys in Lucas Morrissey and Zach Rickaway along with Jimmy Whitehead who is really becoming the star of this team.
5. Madison Edgewood (1)- Very disciplined team that's very patient on the offensive end and really plays good defense. All five players on the court really attack the glass on offense and defense. Every player on the team seems to know their roll and excepts it.
6. Madison West (2)- This team is much better then I previously thought. They are an extremely athletic team that can score in a hurry. If they keep the ball in point guard Michael Horton's hands they can beat anyone, along with remaining patience and not becoming selfish or flustered when they get down.
7. Madison East (2)- This is the because this is the biggest one man team I have seen in awhile. Marquis Mason is a great player but, right now he doesn't have any help. If Mason has a big game then East can play with anyone but, if he doesn't score East has no chance against anyone. Right now the teams I have behind lack a inside presence and Mason would probably torch them.
8. Wisconsin Dells (1)- If East is a one man team, then Wisconsin Dells is the biggest two man team I've seen. Jade Royston and Ryan Wenkman are two very good players but, there really isn't much else there. As of right now I don't think Dells could beat any of the teams ranked above them. As sophomore big man Nate Gibson improves, the Dells can really be a tough team to beat.
9. Eau Claire Memorial (1)- Really don't have the athletic ability to play with the Madison teams and lack the go to player to carry them. In the Big Rivers conference they will probably do alright though.
10. Sauk Praire (1)- A team that is ranked only because I have only seen 10 teams play so far this year. A team that really doesn't have a star player to go to and doesn't have many athletes on the team. This team really is a scrappy team though and will make games ugly and really make their opponents earn their wins.

Not much changed in my rankings but, I felt that I needed to update my reasons for my rankings since I have seen a couple teams play a couple times. Madison West made the only change moving from 8th to 6th in the rankings. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I will see a few more teams and will be able to add to my rankings.

No comments: