Thursday, December 27, 2007

WBBY Shootout Day 1 Results

Well with not much to say today will see how I did on my predictions so far in the WBBY Shootout.

Manitowoc Roncalli over Milwaukee Thomas Moore 55-40.
Thomas Moore led this one early but Roncalli is just too good of a team and eventually handled Thomas Moore with ease. 1 for 1 on predictions.

St. Bernards Minn over Madison East 54-47
Kind of surprised with this one. I guess Bernards had someone to match up with Marquis Mason. 1 of 2 on predictions.

Germantown over Hamilton Sussex 66-53
This game was very close with Germantown being able to extend their lead late in the game. I thought it would be Germantown's height that would win the game but it appears that guard Rick Bowers was the key to this win. 2-1 on predictions.

Catholic Memorial over Wausau East 55-45
I said this game would depend on Tom Neary playing and he did and score 18 points in the game to lead Memorial. 3-1 predictions

Wauwatosa East over Wisconsin Lutheran 72-59
Game I missed in my predictions. Tosa just had too much depth for Lutheran.

Oshkosh West over Milwaukee Vincent 42-40
A schocker here as John Benkoske has a big game in leading West over Vincent. 3-2 predictions

Mobile Alabama LeFlore over Milwaukee Pius 79-51
LeFlore is as good as advertised as they dominate Pius. 4-2 predictions.

So far these are the games that have been reported which leaves me at a 13-8 record of predictions.

Day 2 Predictions (games that are now set now that they have winners and losers)

Madison East over Milwaukee Thomas Moore
I guarantee a big game from Mason this time.

Manitowoc Roncalli over St Bernards Minn
Roncalli is just to good and deep for the Minnesota team.

Wausau East over Hamilton Sussex
East has a huge experience advantage and that is why they will win.

Catholic Memorial over Germantown
Memorial has too many athletes for Germantown.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to catch the Laconia vs Portage game so I will have a little more to report back with.

No comments: