Friday, December 7, 2007

Saturday Previews

Got a couple game predictions to make for tomorrow. As I had stated before I hope to make it down to the Madison West vs Milwaukee Vincent game and then with Marquette playing Wisconsin I will be DVRing that game and watching when I get home. If the weather is to great then I'll just be sitting home and watching the Wisconsin vs Marquette game.

The Vincent vs West game is really an easy call to make. Vincent should handle this one from start to finish and should win by 20 plus points. The reason that I'm hoping to go to this game is that it is pretty rare that I get a chance to see one of the top teams from the Milwaukee area and despite Madison West not being the best team they should make things fairly exciting to watch. West really looks to push the ball and Vincent will be very happy playing that style of play which will hopefully lead to a high scoring game and some highlight reel dunks. West will just be over matched talent wise in this one. I saw West already this year and I expect a lot of threes and some out of control penetration to the hoop.

I saw Vincent in the preseason tournament but, that doesn't mean I truly saw them because teams change a lot once the regular season starts and guys that were starting or playing alot then may not even be seeing the court now. I'm interested to see how 6'3 junior Michael Weems looks in structured play and if he's able to get those open looks for three that he got in preseason. Also interested in seeing how 6'2 freshmen Larry Bradley is incorporated into Vincent's game plan, along with getting a chance to see fifth year senior Shavon Scott who didn't play in preseason and has been one of the Vikings top scorers thus far in the season. Big match up of the day will probably be 6'4 senior Marvin Fitzgerald of Vincent and 6'5 senior Corvon Gaines of West. Both players are about the same size, play the same type of game, and could probably pass as cousins if not brothers.

Honestly I had completely forgot about the big Marquette vs Wisconsin game with all the excitment of the high school basketball season being under way. I plan to watch this game fairly closely whether it be live or on DVR when I get home. This game will probably go back and forth all game long but, Marquette will apply some pressure late in the game and the Badgers won't be able to handle it and Marquette will win the game by five to ten points. I think the big three guards of James, McNeal, and Mathews will just be too much for Flowers and Hughes to handle.

I'm really excited to see Hughes going against three very good guards like Marquette has and then see Flowers guarding James or McNeal, whoever Bo Ryan decides to put him on. Flowers may be able to cancel one guard out but, there are still two other guards that will be able to score. Wisconsin does have the advantage inside at least on the offensive end but, the advantage that Marquette has in the back court out ways the advantage that Wisconsin has in the front court.

Hopefully be back tomorrow night with thoughts on both games.

Side note after getting last nights prediction right I am now 4-5 in my high school basketball predictions.

No comments: