Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sauk Praire vs Wisconsin Dells preview

I apologize to anyone out there that reads my blog, that I haven't been posting the last couple days. I haven't had much to talk about lately, as I haven't been to any games lately with the weather. Well hopefully tomorrow things will change and I will be able to attend my hometowns game against Sauk Praire. I have decided to also make predictions about games that I have an interest in and not just games that I will be going to watch, which will allow me to have more post about my thoughts of each game before the are played.

On paper it appears that the Dells should win this game easily but, I'm not so sure that will be the case. Sauk is 0-2 this year after losing all five starters from a year ago. Wisconsin Dells is 3-0 and is one of the favorites in the SCC. Both teams are perimeter originated and are led by two very good guards, which should at least lead to a good match in the back court. Sauk has had a pretty good basketball tradition going in recent years and the Dells has a tendency to play down to their opponents level so this game will probably remain close for much of the way.

Wisconsin Dells is led by two very good 5'11 guards in senior Ryan Wenkman and junior Jade Royston. The two guards are averaging 23 and 22 points a piece. In the past I've always thought Wenkman was a real good player that had the ability to take over games and now it appears he's getting the chance. I've always heard that Royston was a real good player also but, hadn't ever got the opportunity to show it. I'm excited to see these two high scoring guards play together. One other player I will be watching for is the 6'8 sophomore Nate Gibson. I'm curious to if this kid is really that good or if he's just tall. Gibson he's averaging nine points a game but, that may just because of his height. I have heard Gibson is a good shooter so we will see tomorrow.

I know very little about Sauk Praire as the don't return much from last year. From the only box score I have seen it appears that their top players are two 6'0 junior guards, which should provide a good match up for the two Dells guards. In a losing effort against Mcfarland Chad Pings had 21 points while Garret Schwarz had 13. Sauk has a 6'8 player in senior Alec Rilling but, guessing from his two points against Mcfarland he may just be tall and not the most talented big man. Either way at least the two 6'8 players will be able to match up with each other.

With all I've said saying this will be a good game I still believe that the WD will pull this game out by about 15 points. It will remain fairly close for the first three quarters but, in the end the Chiefs will come out with the win. They have alittle more height then Sauk and I feel that the Dells guards have the edge of the Sauk guards. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a recap of the game and then this weekend weather providing I'll be at the Milwaukee Vincent vs Madison West game.

No comments: