Sunday, November 17, 2013

Division One Preseason Rankings

Well I'm finally back to posting on my blog as another year of high school basketball is upon us. Hopefully there are a few readers left (if I ever had any) or I can earn some new readers. My life has seemed to have gotten to busy during the summer months with being married now so my posting has gone down to just being done during the winter months and only about high school basketball in Wisconsin. This may or may not be my last year of blogging and attending so many high school games, as I turn 30th this January. I always told myself that I would be done with the high school basketball thing when I turned 30. As I don't have a child yet this may not be the case, we will just see how this season goes and if I still enjoy it I will probably continue to go to games and right about it, maybe not as much as I have in the past but, at least a little bit.

Enough about myself and on to the point of this post, My Preseason Division One Rankings. Obviously my rankings mean exactly zero but, are simply just for fun and compare my thoughts to the "experts". Yes I may never see some of these teams play or have ever seen them play but, hey neither do the coaches that do the rankings. I can go by who they've played and beaten what their history says, just like the coaches. Anyway here are my rankings.

1. Germantown- Probably everyone has G'Town as #1 as they returned four starters from their state championship team of a year ago, three of which have earned D1 scholarships and a fourth that earned a D2 scholarship.

2. Brookfield Central- Gave Germantown a good game last year and pushed Milwaukee King to the limit in the game to get to state. Have lots of overall size and are led by Vanderbilt recruit 6'2 senior Riley LaChance.

3. Oshkosh North- Bring back all four starters from their state final four team from a year ago and are headlined by a pair of three year starters in 6'6 senior Cooper Radtke and 5'10 Nathan Neveau.

4. Stevens Point- Won 22 games a year ago and bring back their top three scores, headlined by 20 point a game man in 6'2 sophomore Trevor Anderson.

5. Sun Prairie- Have an extremely talented junior class that is led by 6'2 Marquette recruit Nick Noskowiak.

6. Milwaukee King- Every year King  brings a team that is capable of making it to state and have one of the top coaches in the state. Add in the transfer of 6'2 point guard, junior Joe Biyoti and this is a very tough team.

7. Racine Case- Another team that won 22 games last year and bring back four of those starters.

8. De Pere- Have really gotten a strong tradition going now, also have good size, and are led by 6'3 junior Breven Pretzl.

9. Madison Memorial- Team has size and lots of talent but, just question their outside shooting and lack that go to guy that can go out and get 20 points on any given night despite what the rest of the team is doing.

10. Milwaukee Hamilton- Lost David Burrell from last years great team but, still have one of the most highly recruited players from the state ever in 6'8 senior Kevon Looney who just committed to UCLA.

11. Neenah- Bring back three starters and 6'10 D1 recruit junior Matt Heldt.

12. Milwaukee Vincent- 6'6 senior Marcus White and 6'0 junior Malik Brown who form a very nice one two punch.

13. Mukwonago- State runner ups a year ago really opened peoples eyes and though they lost a lot seemed to have a ton of depth.

14. Sussex Hamilton- Had a tremendous record a year ago. Lost four starters but, that one starter back is 6'4 Iowa recruit senior Brady Ellingson.

15. Homestead- The last few years I've thought Homestead would be pretty good and they never seem to live up to the hype. This year they still have a lot of height and maybe this year they will meet expectations.

There are my beginning rankings to start year. I will try to update the rankings weekly, if there is a full week of games with the holidays right around the corner.

No comments: