Tuesday, January 8, 2008

South Central Midseason

Being that everyone has played each other once in conference it seemed like a good time to see how I've done so far with my predictions for the South Central Conference. So far my predictions have been pretty accurate, with Wisconsin Dells and Adams head and shoulders above everyone else and the remaining teams just beat up on each other.

My Predictions
1. Wisconsin Dells 9-1
Adams Friendship 9-1
3. Nekoosa 4-6
Wautoma 4-6
5. Mauston 3-7
6. Westfield 1-9

Actual
Team Conference Overall
Adams Friendship 5-0 6-3
Wisconsin Dells 4-1 8-2
Mauston 2-3 4-3
Nekoosa 2-3 4-6
Westfield 1-4 7-5
Wautoma 1-4 3-7

So far Adams and Dells have done what I thought, beat the four other teams. Now Wisconsin Dells just needs to win at Adams and I'll have these two teams predicted right for conference and hopefully neither team will drop a game they should win. Mauston may be slightly better then I thought or the other teams are worse, they have two conference wins and should be able to overcome the three wins I predicted. Nekoosa has done about what I though as they are 2-3 at the half way mark and double that and they will be the 4-6 record I predicted. Westfield has there one win I had predicted, so they have a chance to be better then the one win team I had predicted. Wautoma is worse then what I thought and have a lot of work ahead of them if their to make it to the 4-6 record I predicted.

In non-conference most of the teams have struggled as expected with the conference being weak on a whole. Dells being one of the top teams has done well in non conference and Westfield who has benefited from a weak schedule, which does not appear to be helping them in conference play.

Kind of taking a break right now from games and not updating my rankings because I have only seen one new team play. I will be updating rankings next week and Friday I'm hoping to see Madison Memorial vs Middleton play which should be a very good game and giving me my first opportunity to see Memorial play, who I usually try to follow fairly closely, as I really love to watch those Collin's coached teams.

No comments: