Thursday, January 10, 2008

Big Eight Midseason

Well I just did my mid season review of the South Central Conference so today I'll do my mid season review of the other conference I predicted. So far the Big Eight has gone fairly close to what I thought with the exception of Janesville Craig who has really under achieved. Madison Memorial is out in front of the conference then there is the cluster of teams right behind them and then the group of teams in the cellar.

My Predictions
Janesville Craig 15-1
Madison Memorial 14-2
Madison Lafollette 10-6
Madison East 8-8
Middleton 8-8
Madison West 6-10
Sun Praire 5-11
Beloit 4-12
Janesville Parker 2-14

Actual Standings
Team Conference Overall
Madison Memorial 5-1 7-2
Middleton 5-2 6-4
Madison Lafollette 4-2 7-3
Janesville Craig 5-3 8-3
Madison West 4-3 4-5
Madison East 3-4 5-5
Beloit 2-5 3-8
Sun Praire 2-5 3-8
Janesville Parker 1-6 3-7

Madison Memorial has been much better then I expected. I had predicted their upset but, I never expected it to be to Beloit. Memorial handled Craig fairly easily so Memorial may only end up with one lose, unless someone else is able to upset them. Middleton has been much better then expected. I knew that they had a very good coach but, without a superstar in their lineup did not expect them to contend for the conference title, which it looks like they may be this year. Madison Lafollette has pretty much done what I expected. They have beaten the lower teams and the conference and lose to a couple of the top teams in Craig and Middleton and are yet to play Memorial. Janesville Craig has been a bit of a disappointment. I really thought they would be the class of the conference with their height and athleticism but, so far that hasn't been the case. They have lose to East, Memorial, and Middleton which is no where near the team that I thought had a chance of going undefeated in conference. Madison West looks like they may finally have a year where their win output will equal their athleticism. They may of just benefited from Mason less East team that allowed them to have a winning record. Will not be surprised to see West to struggle the rest of the year and only get those six wins I predicted. Madison East as been anything but, impressive. It appears that East is heading in the right direction and may be able to obtain that 8-8 mark I predicted. Marquis Mason is starting to get some help in the scoring column and doesn't appear to be forcing things as much. 8-8 is very obtainable for the Eastsiders. Beloit in a rebuilding year appears to be on course for the four win season I predicted unless they can manage an upset of another conference opponent. Sun Praire is probably still another year from actually competing in the conference but, has a decent chance of obtaining the five win season I predicted. Well Parker is Parker and will probably get the two wins I predicted and not much else.

Tomorrow I will be attending the big Madison Memorial vs Middleton game in which Middleton will have the opportunity to tie for the conference lead. I'm predicting a Memorial win by 10. Memorial has the depth to match Middleton's depth and have the athleticism advantage.

No comments: