Friday, November 2, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to Josh's sports journal. This is my first entry into the journal and first blog ever. My journal will be focusing on sports in general, specifically high school basketball in Wisconsin and slowpitch softball in the Baraboo to Tomah to Hillsboro area. In between I will be talking about whatever sport I have been watching or participating in lately .

Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of my high school basketball season. I'm hoping to be able to go to the Wishoops preseason tournament in Madison but, I am finding it difficult to find information about the tournament so far. In the best this has been my first opportunity to see some great teams such as Oshkosh West and Burlington Catholic. Its a great chance to see some of the better teams from around the state in one day without having to travel hours just hoping to get tickets to a game. I typically attend between 20-40 high school basketball games mostly within the Madison to Lacrosse area. I can also be found nearly every night on wishoops.net, under the user name jwood9_02, the top site for Wisconsin High School basketball. Throughout the season I will be keeping a running ranking of teams and players I have actually seen play. Within the next couple weeks I will be doing my own preseason rankings of each division and my predictions of the two conferences that I follow very closely, the South Central and the Big Eight. Hopefully tomorrow I will have highlights and top players from the tournament.

During the summer months I will be focusing on slowpitch softball specifically in the Western central part of the state. Last summer I played approximately 100 plus softball games. I played in three separate leagues and then tournaments on the weekends, along with playing baseball once a week. All of this really fills my summer up. When I say slowpitch softball I am talking unlimited arc, not that chuck and duck stuff that like 70% of the state plays. I'm talking where the pitcher can throw the ball as high as they want and there actually is some challenge in hitting the ball. I will also being doing rankings of the top teams that I see during the season whether they be in leagues or in tournaments. I will not be doing players, that would just be too difficult when not being familiar with players, like knowing there name.

Well this concludes my opening post of my journal. There may not being anyone reading this blog but I will always be here writing at least using this blog as my personal journal to express my thoughts in writing and to anyone who cares.

No comments: