Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Division Two Predictions

To be honest I may very well take the top D2 teams over many of the D1 teams this year.

Sectional One Stevens Point
My Pick
La Crosse Central- They've been the cream of the crop in the Northwest D2 this year and the defending champs have a very impressive sophomore class leading the way with three D1 recruits.

Contenders
Onalaska- They beat Central once this year already and had not been some bumps at the end of the season would of been the number one seed.
Rhinelander- 19-2 record says it all and honestly I don't know a whole lot more about this team.

Long Shot
Tomah- I saw this team give Central a very good game and with their length they are going to give some teams some real trouble.

La Crosse Central over Rhinelander

Sectional Two Manitowoc Lincoln
My Pick 
Kaukauna- Jordan McCabe might be the best player in the state and Kaukauna may of been the best team in the state, that was until Oshkosh North beat them. Eric Carl and Dylan Kurey gives them some very good #2 options.

Contenders
Cedarburg- With John Diener anything is possible and they lost in the state final a year ago. Matt Barber is also a very solid player.
Pulaski- The style they play will keep them in the game with anyone. That slow style could really annoy a team like Kaukauna.

Long Shot 
Nicolet- Yes there a three seed but, really no one is looking past Kaukauna and Cedarburg. They are a big athletic team though that will be battle tested.

Kaukauna over Cedarburg

Sectional Three Oregon
My Pick
Westosha Central- Have a great record and their win in the Illinois Border Battle really opened up my eyes.

Contenders
Monona Grove- Yes they have the best record but, it just sticks in my head the game I saw Stoughton just crush them.
Mount Horeb- Team that battle Waunakee all year and just had a rough last couple weeks that did them in.
Stoughton- Played a tremendously tough schedule this year so they will be tested. Just a very tough team that can shoot the three and can control the tempo. If I was to be honest I'd say I'd give Stoughton, Monona Grove, and Westosha Central equal changes to make the run to state.
Union Grove- I don't know much about them but, they are a one seed for a reason.

Long Shot
Waukesha West- Another team that I don't know much about but, they play bigger schools all season long so thats always a chance for success.

Westosha Central over Stoughton

Sectional Four New Berlin West
My Pick 
Milwaukee Washington- Been nearly unstoppable in the state of Wisconsin. Have probably the most talent in D2 at this time led by a pair of future college players in Deontay Long and Michael Foster.

Contenders 
Pewaukee- Have good team size over all and have only lost one game all year long. Also have their share of college players.
Whitnall- Tyler Herro is all you need to know. Arguably the top player in the state that could carry his team to state.

Long Shot
New Berlin West- Maybe this is just because I saw them and was impressed  but, I was. Desmond Polk is a big time player and they have enough talent around him to make a run.

Milwaukee Washington over Pewaukee

As I did my predictions I've found myself getting very excited for the D2 bracket as there are numerous teams with opportunities to get to state and some of the best players in the state reside in D2.

No comments: