Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First Round My Team Rankings

In my personal team rankings, I base my rankings solely on games that I have seen while my state rankings on overall season play. Even if a team has beaten another team head to head I won't take that into consideration. I will only take into consideration the game that I have actually seen a team play. I feel it unfair to judge teams on what I have heard not on what I've actually seen. I understand that I may just catch a team on a bad night but, hopefully I will get to see most teams at least twice and be able to get a good judgement on them. I will put in ( ) how many times i have seen each team play. Obviously the more I have seen a team play the more accurate my ranking will be. Once I have seen a few more teams play I will break down the rankings into divisions.

1. Madison Memorial- Once they get all their players back from injury will probably have the most athletic top eight players in the state. Lots of athletic freaks between 6'4 to 6'6. Still a young team that may take alittle bit more time to completely gel.
2. Sun Prairie- Have four players that could score 20 plus points on any given night. As Nick Fuller gets stronger and better game to game this team will rise with him. Have the size to battle with Memorial.
3. Marshfield- Probably overall the tallest team in the state and their 1-3-1 defense is nearly impossible to score against. Run a very slow patient offense and really take good shots.
4. Monroe- Move very well without the ball and another team that is very patient on the offensive end and only take good shots. Bryan Tordoff and Michael Barrett are stars that have both been on varsity forever.
5. Madison Edgewood- Have one of the best coach's in the state and their team plays as hard as anyone in the state. Run their offense very well which always seems to give them an open shot. Go 12 deep and don't lose anything.
6. Baraboo- Have some very good seniors and a pair of legit stars in Mark Kowalke and Sean McGann. Overall size is a concern though.
7. Racine Park- Extremely quick and athletic team. Lack outside shooting though and ballhandlers.
8. Lacrosse Logan- Trevor Jorgenson is as tough as any big man in the state and have some good outside shooters. Finding Jorgenson and handling pressure defense could be a problem though.
9.Monona Grove- Need some more scorers but, Zach Zweifel can score 20 points a night. Could probably carry them a decent way in playoffs.
10. Whitefish Bay Dominican- Lots of athletes but, not much size and not much outside shooting.
11. Middleton- Have a very deep team that plays hard but, don't have enough scorers.
12. West Depere- Have nice size and rebound well but, another team without consistent guard play with the shooting and ball handling.

Well those are my first round of my personal rankings of teams that I have seen play. Will be having rankings for players that I have seen in the coming days. Not much else on the schedule for games though.

No comments: