Thursday, December 13, 2018

First Round Team Rankings

Gotten to the point where I've seen enough teams that I think that I can do my team rankings now. These rankings mean nothing and are purely for my enjoyment. These rankings are based on the games that I saw and I may not believe that a certain team is better then another team but, they played better in the game that I saw. I will put in ( ) how many times I've actually seen the team play. Initially I will ranked all teams as one and then break down by divisions.

Overall
1. Madison East (1)- Really like this team that plays with a ton of energy. Quickest team I'm seen so far this year and have a pair of legit big time players in Anthony Washington and Keonte Jones. Also have some nice size as a team.

2. Madison Memorial (2)- Very smart disciplined team. Probably one of the best rebounding teams in the state. Play very good defense and they have good over all team size.

3. Kaukauna (1)- Pretty athletic team that relies on the three point shot a little too much. Have a handful of guys that can jump out of the gym which allows them to be a very good rebounding team. Have the ability to play slow or quick whatever is necessary.

4. Wauwatosa West (1)- Another very quick team that loves to get up and down to the court. I question their overall shooting but, they have a guy that can really shoot it in Justin Steinike. The potential is there if they can play disciplined.

5. Wrightstown (1)- Just an overall solid and disciplined team. Don't rush things and always seem to be playing under control. Play good defense which allows them to get out and run in transition.

6. Merrill (1)- Really look to pound the ball inside which is their strength as they have a pair of solid post players and their guards play off of them. Another real solid team.

7. Sun Prairie (1)- They played without their top three players so I give them a little leeway. The way they played Memorial in the second half was very impressive and I like there size up front and have some athletes.

8. Mount Horeb (1)- Feel like I'm repeating but, they are a solid disciplined team that plays great defense and rebound well. Always seem to be under control.

9. Seymour (1)- Can really shoot the ball which allows them to beat anyone. A heady team that knows their strengths and have a pretty solid starting five.

10. La Crosse Logan (1)- Athletic team that likes to get up and down the court. Don't shoot great but, can get to the hoop and score.

11. Marshfield (1)- Another solid team that really doesn't have a go to guy but, are very deep one through eight not losing a thing.

12. Brown Deer (1)- Extremely athletic team that wants to get out and run. Shooting is a little rough but, have a pair of guards that can drive the lane and get their shot at any time.

13. Lake Mills (1)- A little undersized but, play good defense and rebound as a team. Can really shoot the three as well.

14. Wisconsin Dells (2)- Speed and defense is their calling card. Showed the ability to shoot the three as well.

15. Mineral Point (1)- Just didn't play with energy in the game I saw them. Have a pair of very talented individuals but, need to play tougher and with more energy.

16. Platteville (1)- Not a lot to say about them as they played pretty bad in the game that I saw them.

D1
1. Madison East
2. Madison Memorial
3. Sun Prairie

D2
1. Kaukauna
2. Wauwatosa West
3. Merrill
4. Mount Horeb
5. Seymour
6. La Crosse Logan
7. Marshfield

D3
1. Wrightstown
2. Brown Deer
3. Lake Mills
4. Wisconsin Dells

D4 
1. Mineral Point
2. Platteville

No comments: