Saturday, November 17, 2018

Division Four and Five Preseason Rankings

I'm gonna be honest that I'm pretty clueless with the two smallest divisions when it comes to the top 10 rankings. I could maybe do a top five for division four but, don't know a thing for division five. I've decided rather then me just regurgitating what the yearbook says I'll give some quick thoughts for each division.

Divison Four
I was going to do my top five and then realized that my top five was just the yearbook top five. I think just about everyone can agree the top two teams are Mineral Point and Milwaukee Academy of Science. Mineral Point really should of been at state last year and may of been the best team in D4 and they have two legit D1 college prospects in 6'3 junior point guard Isaach Lindsey and 6'5 sophomore Brayden Dailey. Milwaukee Academy is another weird charter school situation that I'm sure will cause a ton of uproar if they make it to state. I haven't seen them but, have heard a ton about their D1 talent. They bring back four starters from a pretty successful team and have the D1 talent in 6'3 junior Kaleim Taylor and 6'9 junior Darius Hannah who average 16 points and 17 rebounds a game last year. Those numbers are unheard of and if it isn't this year it will be next year that they get to state. They also have the benefit of playing an independent schedule so they typically schedule some pretty talented teams. My number three is New Glarus who has seemed to have great season the past two season but, haven't been able to get to state and this year should be no different. They have four starters back from a team that won 24 games a year ago including a pair of senior guards in 6'0 Zack Feller who averaged 19 a game last year and 5'11 Jaden Kreklow who averaged 20 a game. The fourth team that I really have an opinion about is Manitowoc Roncalli. Roncalli has almost got to the point where they are a given to get to state. They have 5'9 senior Chombi Lambert back who has been a star the past two years at state and could very well carry them again. After that its kind of a crap shoot in my mind. Howards Grove had an impressive record last year. Clear Lake made the state run last year, Cuba City, Colfax, and Marathon have the past history in their favor of very good teams.

Division Five
Like I said I'm completely lost here. You can always go with privates in Sheboygan Lutheran and Green Bay NEW Lutheran. Sheboygan evidently received a very talented transfer from Kansas City and NEW Lutheran also seems to be at state after having poor records having played bigger schools all year long. Wauzeka-Steuben had a very good record last year and return a pair of big time scorers. Barneveld has some history and I know they have senior Malcolm Reed whose an elite talent. Hilbert is maybe another team that has some great history.

Well those are my final preseason thoughts and the season will start this year.

No comments: