Saturday, November 18, 2017

Division Five Preseason

I'm going to be completely honest here that I don't have much of a clue when it comes to division five. I'm going to rely heavily on the Wisconsin Yearbook here but, honestly I'm not sure how much of a feel that Mark Miller has. He has three of the four teams back from state last year and those three teams have only one starter back each. So are you going with the same teams or just going with tradition there? Now D5 seems to be the conference where you can go with the tradition so maybe it's a combination of things. Well I will do my best here but, again I'll be really using the book.


1. Bangor- Lost in the sectional final a year ago and bring back three double digit scorers in a talented senior class in 6'0 Luke Reader, 6'3 Caleb Miedema, and 6'0 Drew Johnson. Fresh off their football title they'll be looking to win a basketball one.

2. Deerfield- Won 21 games last year and bring back a pair of 16 point per game scorers in 6'2 senior Noah Gjermo and 6'4 senior Nate Siewart and they both nearly averaged double digit rebounds.

3. Black Hawk- Having just lost to Bangor in the football title game they'll be looking to avenge it in basketball. They won 20 games a year ago and bring back four starters headlined by 6'4 junior Conner Meyer who averaged 20- points a game and 6'5 senior CJ Leuzinger who averaged 13.

4. Solon Springs- Won 19 games a year ago and have four starters back that started at least part time and led by 6'6 senior Jens Gehl who averaged a double double last year.

5. Lourdes Academy- Had a solid year last year and have two 13 point scorers back in a pair of juniors 6'2 Henry Noone and 6'1 Benny Huizenga. 

6. McDonell Central- Lost in the state semis a year ago they bring back ultra talented 6'5 senior Hayden Baughman.

7. Barneveld- State champs lost nearly everyone but, have super athletic junior back in 6'4 Malcolm Reed and a strong tradition.

8. Sheboygan Lutheran- Had a so so record last year but, they play in a tough conference and have high scorer 6'3 senior Jared Jurss back for his senior year.

9. Columbus Catholic- Only have one starter back in 5'11 senior Nick Malovrh who averaged 13 points a game last year but, the tradition is strong at Columbus Catholic.

10. Hilbert- A super strong tradition at Hilbert even with a new coach the beat should go on.

Well there are my final rankings. I think I've said it after every ranking but, it really should be a fun year. I feel like I'm not as familiar with this season as I've been in the past but, just give me some time and I should get right back in the flow.




No comments: