Monday, December 14, 2015

Dunks of the Year

Every year I get to the end of the season and start thinking back to all the dunks I saw and wonder what dunk truly was the best or what were some of the best. I've decided this year to keep a running list of the top 10 dunks I've seen throughout the year to help me remember some of the best. In my mind a good dunk is one that gets the crow excited, maybe wasn't expected, or something that makes you get out of your seat. Some of the best that come to mind from the past 10 years I've been watching is Justin Dahmen throwing one off the glass to Wes Mathews who was trailing the play. Duane Wilson's put back dunk off the glass at the WBBYShootout and the multiple break away dunks. Marquis Mason with to many to count but, the tops are a one power dribble and throwing it down over the defender and the windmill to seal the game against Verona. Last years may of been the put back dunk by Kobe King at the Midwest Classic last year. So far I've only seen three dunks but, we have to start somewhere.

1. Jake Ferguson 6'5 junior Madison Memorial vs Sun Prairie December 8.
Ferguson drove the baseline and threw down a powerful two handed dunk. This one was kind of unexpected as I expected him just to lay it in but, he just went up and put it down.

2. Chris Knight 6'8 junior Madison Memorial vs Madison East December 3
Knight caught the ball just past half court and took it to the hoop in transition and threw it down one handed between three East defenders. This play got the crowd pumped up and wasn't a great dunk but, was a tremendous play overall.

3. Chris Knight 6'8 junior Madison Memorial vs Sun Prairie December 8
Typical steal and break away dunk that resulted in a nice little two handed dunk. Almost looked too easy though.

Well there are the first three but, I'm sure not the last.

No comments: