Sunday, November 8, 2015

Division Two Preseason Rankings

I feel pretty good about my D1 rankings but, with my D2 rankings I don't feel confident whats so ever. My top three to fie I'm pretty good with but, to be honest the remainder of my rankings will be coming straight from the basketball yearbook. So here are my preseason D2 rankings.

1. Kaukauna- 20 win team a year ago and they bring back two double digit scorers in 5'11 sophomore Jordan McCabe and 6'2 junior Adam Smith. McCabe is one of the top players in the sophomore class and Smith can score points in bunches. They are also boosted by the incoming transfer 6'4 sophomore Eric Carl who was a starter at Shawano a year ago.

2. La Crosse Central- Have an extremely strong junior class and bring back four starters from last years team. They are headlined by Badger recruit 6'3 junior Kobe King and he has a very good sidekick in fellow junior 6'0 Bailey Kale.

3. Milwaukee Washington- Always a very tough team that has a ton of athletes and a lot of talent. They have a great point guard in 6'1 senior University of Illinois recruit Te'jon Lucas who can harness in all that talent and quickness.

4. Mount Horeb- State champs a year ago and they bring back three starters including a pair of seniors who averaged double digits in points in 6'3 Max Meylor and 6'6 Terek Nesheim.

5. Seymour- Seymour is always a tough team and they are coming off a 22 win season and a conference title a year ago. They have one of their top players back in 6'4 senior Brayden Wilinski.

6. Wauwatosa East- I underestimated them last year and this year I won't do that. I expect a huge year from 6'3 senior Ja'Vionne Green.

7. Cedarburg- I may be going out on a limb here but, I have a feeling with it and they have a great coach in Tom Diener. Have a very good sophomore and junior class led by 6'4 sophomore John Diener who averaged 22 points a year ago and 6'3 junior Jordan Johnson who averaged 14 points.

8. Whitefish Bay- Benefit from playing in a very tough conference with Cedarburg and they have double digit scorer 6'0 senior Elijah Moore back.

9. New Berlin Eisenhower- Bring back four starters from last years team all of week averaged double digit points last year.

10. Onalaska- Don't know much about them but, they won 16 games a year ago and have all five of their starters back.

11. Hortonville- A year book pick here they bring back four starters from last years team.

12. Monona Grove- Total yearbook pick here as they bring only two starters back and having won 187 games last year.

13. Ashwaubenon- Mostly by history here but, they always seem to have a very tough team and no reason to think that would change.

14. Greendale- Final four state team a year ago and bring back three starters, two of which averaged double digits in 6'6 senior David Pulizos and 6'0 senior Nate Thomson.

15. Whitnall- Bring back four starters, three of which averaged double digits in scoring. 6'3 sophomore Tyler Herro had a monster summer and that should continue into the regular season.

There are my opening rankings. As I said take them for however you want, I honestly don't know a ton this year on D2 and I'm relying on the yearbook here.

No comments: