Monday, March 2, 2015

Division Four and Division Five state predictions

I decided to just look at my final four for each division as I honestly don't follow the smaller divisions real closely and don't feel that I would really do them justice. Also I've kind of ran out of time as games start tomorrow.

Division Four
Whitefish Bay Dominican over Eau Claire Regis
Mineral Point over Marathon

Championship 
Whitefish Bay Dominican over Mineral Point

Probably the easiest pick of any of the divisions. Dominican has the been the favorite all year and may be in the top five of the entire state. Went with the three undefeated teams for the rest of the field. Dominican's big hurdle will be Racine St Cats who actually beat them two weeks ago. I don't really see anyone for Regis maybe Fall Creek but, Regis is very familiar with them. Mineral Point's toughest competition comes within their conference with Cuba City and Darlington who they handled pretty well this year. Marathon is probably my biggest questions because I just don't know much about who they've played. Brillion, Amherst, and Iola Scandenavia would be their biggest challenge in sectionals.

Division Five
Randolph over New Auburn
Wausaukee over Eleva Strum 

Wausaukee over Randolph

Not sure if I just have no idea of D5 or if it's just that wide open. I have Randolph in the title game and when I saw them this year I wasn't that impressed. I know nothing about the far northwest so went with New Auburn because they had the best record, Fredric was my second pick. Took Randolph but, not comfortable with it. Sheboygan Lutheran or Central Wisconsin Christian could beat them. Young Coggs Prep is there but, no nothing about them and haven't played much competition this year and when they have they've played much bigger schools. Wausaukee was just the team that seemed to be at the top of a lot of teams list so figured I'd go with them. Port Edwards was a big thought there too and Wausau Newman has beaten some good teams. Went with Eleva Strum because their toughest competition comes from the Scenic Bluffs and I've never thought much of the Scenic Bluffs so I held that against Bangor and Hillsboro.

There are my final thoughts and as you can tell don't have a lot of first hand knowledge of these teams. The only D5 team I saw I didn't like and I picked them to get to the state title game. In D4 Regis and Dominican are the two best teams and no one can stop Dominican's Diamond Stone.

No comments: