Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Division One Preseason Rankings

I am finally back at the blog. Last year was kind of a crazy year and I didn't do the greatest job of keeping up with the blog but, I'm hoping this year I will do a much better job and hope to attend more games.

As in the past I will be doing my personal rankings for each division and continue a weekly ranking throughout the year. These rankings are just my personal rankings just for fun and mean absolutely nothing. They probably aren't the most accurate rankings as I obviously don't see every team play but, coaches do rankings and I'm sure they haven't seen every team play either. I may also do rankings of the teams that I have actually seen play but, not sure if I will take the time for that or not, I suppose it will all depend on how bored I am at the time. So here are my division one rankings. ( I will admit that the high school yearbook will help me out with a lot of things).


1. Neenah- State runner ups a year ago bring back their top player in 6'10 senior Matt Heldt along with outside shooter 6'0 Trevor Entwisle who should be very solid at the point. Through in a top 25 player in the state in 6'7 senior transfer Rodney Scales.

2. Stevens Point- Only team that beat them a year ago was Neenah twice and they have the top two juniors in the state in 6'2 Trevor Anderson and 6'6 Sam Hauser. Unfortunately only one of the top two teams can make a state.

3. Milwaukee King- King is a given to be a top five team every single year. Always have a ton of very good guards and lots of depth. Headliners of this team are a pair of seniors in 6'2 Joseph Binyoti and 6'4 Diamante Freeman.

4. Sun Prairie- This will be the year that Sun Prairie gets by Madison Memorial to make state. Led by Marquette recruit 6'2 senior Nick Noskowiak, along with talented returners in 6'6 senior JT Ruffin, and 6'2 senior Malik Robinson who were their top three scorers last year along with sixth man 6'5 sophomore Nate Verstegen.

5. Milwaukee Riverside- Another City team with loads of talent and depth. 6'1 senior James Bateman was their top scorer a year ago and they have two of the top sophomores in the state in 6'5 Terrance Lewis and 6'4 George Dixon.

6. Racine Case- I underestimated them all last year so I may be overestimating them this year but, they have one of the top big men in the state in 6'7 senior Darion King who is a big time football recruit.

7. West Allis Central- Another guard heavy team that is led by the top true point guard in the state in 6'0 senior Brandon Key. I also really like 6'1 senior Jerome Cummings that does alittle bit of everything for this team and is the glue that holds them together.

8. Oshkosh North- Bring back three starters from a team that won 20 games including 6'4 senior Blake Marquardt who is a three year starter. Through in having the top sophomore in the state transferring in with 6'4 Philip Flory.

9. Germantown- State champs from a year ago lost just about everything from that team but, bring back a heady point guard in 5'10 junior Jalen McCloud. G'town is a team that now reloads and never seems to be rebuilding.

10. De Pere- Another team that has really grown a very strong tradition and have 20 point per game scorer back in 6'4 Brevin Pritzl. Team seems to have very good size overall on the team.

11. Madison Memorial- A down year for a power house like Memorial. 5'10 senior Shareef Smith should have a monster year and a pair of 6'5 seniors return in Henry Houden and Brett Tauber. Also have a talented sophomore class.

12. Homestead- I really really like 6'8 senior Jaylen Key a three year starter and also back is 6'3 junior Jack Popp who was a double digit scorer a year ago.

13. Milwaukee Vincent- Seems like there is some turmoil in Vincent land but, they have a very talented sophomore class that saw lots of playing time a year ago.

14. Burlington- A team that has had a very good record the past handful of years or so. Honestly just kind of a hunch to have them here.

15. Arrowhead- Team that always seems to get close to 20 wins year after year. Leading scorer 6'6 junior Bryce Nze is back.

This was my first post in a long time hopefully it was a half way decent post. One thing that really popped out to me is that there is a very strong sophomore class on the rise. Many of these top teams have very good underclassman and should be very fun the next two years.

No comments: