Wednesday, March 6, 2013

State Predictions

Well tomorrow is the start of the final four state tournament so I figured that I would make my predictions now that we finally know the teams that are at state. Even though I will only be watching the state games on TV it still feels like Christmas Eve to me and this years tournament is full of stars which is great to see.


Division Five

Green Bay NEW Lutheran over Drummond
Randolph over Elmwood

Green Bay NEW Lutheran over Randolph

Even though Drummond battled GBNL very tough during the regular season I still think that Lutheran wins again here and facing a much tougher regular season. I know nothing about Elmwood but, Randolph is Randolph and they are of course battle tested and should be able to beat Elmwood. In the final I have NEW Lutheran because this Randolph team just isn't the teams of old and they don't have a go to scorer and can't get behind.

Division Four

Dominican over Cuba City
Aburndale over Amherst

Dominican over Aburndale

I really don't see anyone beating Dominican here. They have way too much talent for anyone else in the field and no one has the size to stay with Diamond Stone.  Aburndale should get to the title game being that they have been battled tested, have the coach, and just looking at Amherst roster, schedule, and stats see Aburndale winning.

Division Three

Little Chute over Aquinas
East Troy over Lodi

Little Chute over East Troy

This is easily the most anticipated division with the most high level individual players. I'm taking Little Chute over Aquinas because of the size and athleticism of Kenneth Lowe and Turner Botz on the inside and outside. Bronson Koenig will have the huge game but, it'll be Little Chute with the W. On the other side I just don't see Lodi matching up with the size and talent of East Troy but, I could be wrong as Lodi beat East Troy last year to go to state. In the final Little Chute should win going a way but, should be a great battle of big men.

Division Two

Onalaska over Pulaski
Wisconsin Lutheran over Stoughton

Wisconsin Lutheran over Onalaska

Should be the Matt Thomas show which should be enough to lift Onalaska over Pulaski but, I'm interested to see Cody Wichman play who I have never seen play. In the other game Wisco should roll using their depth and speed to run away. Thomas won't have enough help around him in the final and Wisco will get the W but, it was a very tough pick for me.

Division One

Germantown over Oshkosh North

Milwaukee King over Mukwonago

Germantown over Milwaukee King

Last year North didn't have the guards to battle King and this year they won't have the bigs to battle Gtown. Just like North last year Muk doesn't have the guards to handle King. In a rematch of last years final Germantown should defeat King and once again the size will be the difference.

Really should be a great year once again with some tremendous individual talents at state. There are at last 11 D1 college athletes playing and an additional handful that could play at that level as well. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: