Thursday, March 29, 2012

Top Teams

I figured I would do my rankings of all the teams I have seen this year for Wisconsin no matter what division each team plays in.

1. Germantown- Easily the best team in the state. They were only really challenged a handful of games all year and won the D1 title.

2. Milwaukee King- Only lost two games all year. A three point game to Germantown in the title game and a team from Arkansas in a national tournament.

3. Whitefish Bay Dominican- Pushed Germantown to the limit and their only lose of the year was to them. Have the size of any team in the state and have three D1 college level players.

4. Madison Memorial- Lost very badly to Germantown but, I just think Germantown was just that much better then everyone. Their five are as athletic as any team in the state.

5. Onalaska- Play a very solid defense and have a 6'8 big in the middle and Matt Thomas on the outside, who just might be the best shooter in the state.

6. Cuba City- Have size and strength everywhere and a very tough 1-3-1 zone defense. Add in one of the top coaches in the state and a legit star.

7. Milwaukee Washington- A very quick athletic team that can battle with anyone.

8. East Troy- Have the tallest front line in the state. Even though they didn't make it to state they were still one of the more impressive teams I saw this year. Can light it up from downtown.

9. Brillion- Love how this team really works as a team to get it done. Play in one of the best conferences in the state for their size and came out of a tough sectional.

10. Waunakee- Have scoring droughts at times but, they can really defend and rebound which really keeps them in games.

There is a quick run down of my rankings. It is getting alittle late and I'm kind of tired so hopefully I didn't miss any teams that should be in there. I have about a handful of posts that I will do before my blogging will probably come to an end for the year as softball gets into swing.

No comments: