Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Round of Team Rankings

I figured that I've seen enough teams to be able to do my first round of team rankings. As last year I will only be ranking the teams that I've actually seen. In ( ) I will put how many times that I've seen the teams play. Even though a team may have beaten another team on the list I only take into consideration the game that I saw the team play, most of the time anyway. (Sorry Sun Prairie I didn't see you guys play Lafollette) This week I'll probably just do top teams and once I see more teams I'll break it down by division.

1. Madison Memorial (2)- By far the most athletic team and best rebounding team that I've seen. Half court offense is alittle rough but, if they can speed the game up there is no stopping them.
2. Milwaukee Washington (1)- Most complete over all team. Three guards that play intense defense and can score. Big men that block shots and rebound.
3. Verona (1)- Ziemer is one of the best players I've seen and Wadzinski is a very good #2 option.
4. Madison Lafollette (1)- I know there record isn't good but, the game I saw them they looked very good. Their three guards are as good as any in the state.
5. Janesville Craig (1)- Kyle Goike and JoJo Pregont are a very solid 1, 2, punch. Lots of team height and solid bench.
6. Baraboo (2)- Very team oriented and move very well without the ball.
7. Waunakee (1)- Another team oriented team, that has a very strong inside play. Just looking for consitant play on perimeter.
8. Randolph (1)- Very patient team on defense and offense. Tillema is tops around and strong interior play.
9. Madison Edgewood (1)- Play harder then any team I've seen but, I just can't get over their lack of height and interior play.
10. Sun Praire (1)- Wasn't very impressed with them when I saw them but, I'm taking it as a bad night.
11. Wisconsin Dells (2)- Right now Jade Royston is the only guy scoring.

Well there are my first round of rankings. I'm sure things will change quiet a bit. yes I know that Lafollette lost to both Janesville Craig and Sun Prairie but, i didn't see those games and don't like to take other peoples opinions on whose better unless I saw the actual game and what happened. Anyway I'm sure Lafollette will fall if they deserve it because I will be seeing them a time or two more throughout the year.

No comments: