Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baseball Playoffs

Major League Baseball playoffs started tonight and though a couple games have already been played decided to make my predictions on how the first round will go.

American League
Rays over White Sox 3-1
The White Sox might be my team but, they've just been so inconsistent this year and the Rays pitching is too good. Sox will sneak one out at home when Beuhrle pitches.

Angels over Red Sox 3-2
Red Sox haven't been the Sox of the last couple years and don't seem like a World Series team to me and the Angels have been the best team in the American League this year. Angels also have K-Rod to close the door who has been great in post season in years past.

AL Championship
Angels over Rays 4-2
Yes the Rays have been great all year long but, I just can't see them winning it all. I think their still one year away. Angels experience is the difference in this one.

National League
Cubs over Dodgers 3-2
I was honestly going to take the Cubs 3-1 but, with the Dodgers already winning today they'll probably win at least one more in LA. Cubs are just too good and the Dodgers aren't as the needed to pull things together at the end to win baseball's worst division.

Phillies over Brewers 3-0
Yes I live in Wisconsin and cheer for the Brewers but, the Brewers never beat the good teams and the only game I see them possibly winning is tomorrow with Sabathia. That games in Philadelphia so I'm still taking the Phils. Sorry Brewers your going home early.

Cubs over Phillies 4-2
Cubs really are the best team in the NL and probably best in baseball. Dempster, Zambrano, and Lily have all finished the year strong pitching.

World Series
Cubs over Angels 4-3
Cubs best team in baseball. Better hitters, better pitching, and have better fans.

No comments: